lifestyle

Life as I know it

Is Changing

Well yes it’s always changing but a major change is happening right now and it really hits me as I sit in my room of three years with my things packed up by the side.
I’m finally leaving, 4 years has come and gone and I would be lying if I tell you I’m not trying to hold back tears right now.
Definitely not the first time I’m packing up my things but this time it’s different. You know I never had to think past what I would do for the summer because I knew I would be packing back next session it was all planned out I didn’t have to.  Now it’s not.
I would be lying if I said I’m not scared , scratch that i’m scared and excited at the same time.
I’m scared because I know I’m not going to see some people again…. friendships dwindle and calls and frequent chats become likes on instagram and watching snaps and it just fades away.
Everyone says they would keep in touch but you know what life happens…. we get too busy
They call it growing up.
Well it sucks.

I’m excited and still a little scared for the future. I’ve been getting a lot of what next questions and I can’t blame em I’ve been asking myself that too ( a lot ). People that have it all figured out don’t faze me, I’m just really happy for em. Go do your thing and take the over the world, just know I always got your back.
I may not have figured out what next but that’s okay cos I know I’m in good hands and at the right time everything would fall into place.  I’m all for enjoying this new journey I’m bout to start.

I’ve decided to keep my inner child alive always. Hold on to friends that are worth holding on to, we might not talk for a while but it definitely would have nothing to do with ego.
Enjoy life every step of the way and to keep moving because time waits for no one.

Cheers to new phases
Cheers to friendships
Cheers to life

Lots of love
Sogie

1. Lhurve Davies

July 31, 2016 at 8:00 am

Aww, congrats. That's the thing about life isn't it? Always changing. Nothing constant.
    But on the bright side, you're beginning a whole new chapter of your life. Remember to have fun with it.

Lhurve Davies

August 1, 2016 at 7:34 am

Thank you so much dear. I know right, I'm looking forward to it.

2. Praise Abu

July 31, 2016 at 9:25 am

Congratulations to a new beginning. I understand that you are scared but trust me dear just give it time.
    The issue about keeping in touch with friends you have to try and make time no matter how little and try to show a lot of understanding too.

August 1, 2016 at 7:36 am

Thank you Praise, you know I love you plenty right?

3. Funke Olotu

July 31, 2016 at 10:47 am

The fact that very soon am going to be exactly where you are, feeling how you're feeling scares me,if that's the word.

Just stay positive and try to make time for those that matter, days will come when you'll remember some friends and wonder if they think about you sometimes like you do.

But it's life isn't it?

4. Sarah Enuwa Audu

July 31, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Congrats on finishing school. I can totally relate to this post. This is how I felt two years ago but this too will pass. Change sucks but it's necessary at times. The truth is the friends you make will always be there, you might talk as often but they would still be a part of your life. May God give you clarity for the next stage of your life. It will not be easy but the Lord will give you strength. I love that you're staying positive about everything.

Princess Audu

5. Kachee Tee

August 1, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Awwww! I can imagine how you feel. Don't worry you'll be fine. Change is good!

6. Sandra N.U.

August 2, 2016 at 11:54 am

Awww Sogie!
    I can relate to how you're feeling. Just when you're getting used to one stage, it's time for the next. There'll always be nostalgia and you'll always have memories; but you'll make new ones, meet new people, experience amazing and acheive if you stay awake to opportunities. Kudos for choosing to stay in touch with your inner child. Me I think it's very important.

Naija girl next door

7. Bash Harry

August 2, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Life happens is equivalent to shit happens. So much happens whether we like it or not, but the way we respond to it shows who we are. Hold on to the life we have but always be excited for the future.

xx   B A S H   |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

8. epiphany twentynine

August 3, 2016 at 11:50 am

Hi Sogie!!!

Hahaha I totally remember when I finished school. I wont lie and say I had a sober moment thinking about friends id miss and all (I think I have a lil problem) lol but I was def excited and scared of the "what next" question and thought. You'll be fine love…

Epiphany29.com
    Laid Back Wednesday With Alil Attitude

9. Wumi 'Tuase

August 15, 2016 at 9:33 am

Congrats girl. Trust me, you would be alright, you would make new friends along the way too, some might even be better than old friends and please take your time in figuring out what next, there is no rush, Trust in God and you would be good.
    wumituase.wordpress.com

10. Cherish Ali

August 26, 2016 at 4:38 am

Congratulations on graduating from one aspect of life. Sometimes we don't have it all figured but who has it all figured all the time? Now is the time to take your time to decide on what you want to do or not do. Just don't do nothing! COngratulations once again, dear.