lifestyle

My mini lagos experience

Lagos in one word? Hmmm let’s see ….. Exciting ( I doubt the people living there might agree lol)

I did promise to share my experience in this Last post  and I never break a promise  (well most times lol).

Compared to Benin, Lagos is one crowded busy place, the conductors aren’t nice at all, did I just say aren’t nice at all? The bus conductors are the rudest people ever …no chill at all.
Don’t get me started bout the body odour in the buses at all . I almost died lol

I now understand why whenever I ask my friend to go pick a package up for me she always complains bout the distance. I never understood it (Sorry Naome).
Transportation in Lagos isn’t easy at all bruh I tell you, moving around involved entering different buses, a lot of walking and crossing the express sef (was legit scared the first time) and that’s not cheap.

Lagos is a beautiful place. I was really amazed by the architecture, buildings had stories to them and I loved it. Was too busy feeding my eyes didn’t take much pictures, didn’t want to miss one thing.  There was art everywhere and I felt at peace.

A lot of cool places to explore there so you wouldn’t get bored but then your wallet better be full.
Although living in that kind of bustling city would definitely bring about stress, it’s a city that never sleeps so you should be ready to stay woke lol (no not a typo).

Definitely can’t wait to plan another trip there cos all in all I enjoyed it.  I had the best host ever (hi Tonye) and her mum is just amazing.

Few pictures I had the chance to take,

Apparently this is the famous church everyone takes a picture of , so trust me to take one (Thanks Tonye)
Famous yellow buses in Lagos, don’t be deceived by the pictures lol they aren’t this fine.  In Benin Buses are red and yellow.
The side view of the church
Took this at Euphoria maryland mall, the decor there is so cool, you should definitely check it out.

My “waka waka ” took me to Yaba, Festac, Victoria Island, Maryland,  Lekki ( Drive with Deeshe’s way cooler in person. )  and a few other places  I can’t remember *covers face*

I attended the bloggerpoint brunch and wasn’t going to put up a post bout it because a lot of bloggers already have, but as my father always says  everyone doing it doesn’t mean you’ve done it. So all the deets on the brunch would be up ASAP.
Till then
lots of love
Sogie

1. Kachee Tee

August 28, 2016 at 3:27 pm

Lol. You're father is a wise man! Def put up your post biko. I've only read a couple of posts on it. And Lagos is a case on it's own – you love it and hate it at the same time! Glad you had a great time!

5 Different Support Networks Everyone Should Have

August 29, 2016 at 1:19 am

Would definitely do that dear. thanks hun

2. epiphany twentynine

August 28, 2016 at 3:57 pm

I looooove Lagos!!!
    Im glad I finally got to meet you. Come again soon oo.

Epiphany29.com
    Artistry Youth Xtend Product Review

August 29, 2016 at 1:20 am

Me too dear, was so nice meeting you.
      I can see why you love it lol

3. En_kay

August 28, 2016 at 6:01 pm

Wow…I swear I always thought you stay in lagos.
    My lagos experience is always fun as its something that happens once or twice in two years…lol
    I usually use uber because the one time I entered the bus,i knew it wasn't for me.
    I would love to explore more of the mainland but staying on the island doesn't motivate me much thanks to the traffic.
    I really love the state and Balogun market would be bae when next I visit…so many affordable things there.
    Waiting on your post…

Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

August 29, 2016 at 1:25 am

Ah i wish lol, ooh lucky you. I feel you on the buses, that life isn't easy at all. Didn't really experience the famous Lagos traffic but i'm not complaining lol. It would be up as soon as possible

4. Cassie Daves

August 28, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Lagos Is actually BAE regardless of the hard life and you took great pictures! Did you use your phone?

Cassie Daves Blog
    My weekend Casual Style

August 28, 2016 at 9:05 pm

I feel ya, yes I did boo

5. Adenowo Seyi (NOWO:The BLOG)

August 29, 2016 at 11:38 pm

I'm glad you liked Lagos. Everyone does. I hope Lagos would be better to you next time and please tell me when you're around.

September 29, 2016 at 11:34 am

Was so fun meeting you, would do that hun

6. Praise Abu

August 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Glad i finally got a chance to meet you. I'm also glad you enjoyed your short visit.
    Funny how i actually lived in Lagos almost all my life and never fully explored the state(maybe my parents were overly protective, maybe i was too lazy or didnt make too many waka waka friends) I think my parents and i guess i was always and still too lazy. I'm actually working on changing that before the year runs out.
    P.s- Great pictures and pls come back to Lagos soon
    My Style Look Book Series

September 29, 2016 at 11:44 am

Hopefully you get to explore and share it with us. Loved meeting you

7. Evita O. Enwefah

September 2, 2016 at 8:36 am

1st of all, great pictures. Lagos is one hell of a crazy place but you can't help loving it. I've lived here for about 21 years now and I still don't know some places.lol. Introvert spirit at work. Seems like you had a lot of fun and you were in my hood(Festac) Hope to see you next time you come visiting.

evitainprogress.blogspot.com

September 29, 2016 at 11:46 am

I know right, watched your snaps and noticed you stayed in festac and i already left. You need to start exploring

8. DESOLA MAKO

October 5, 2016 at 2:23 pm

I love love all you pictures. it was good to see you as well.x

9. Tuke Morgan

October 6, 2016 at 10:21 am

Just realising that the cathedral is a really photogenic building to photograph.
    I'm glad you had a chance to stop by at Euphoria, I really love that spot.
    It was nice to finally meet you 😀

Tuke's Quest