Fashion, Outfits

How to wear a button down dress

styling a dress, styling a cap

A new chic way

Who doesn’t like finding a piece they can wear in different ways? Being able to instantly multiply your wardrobe with the right piece is a thing of great joy and i’m sure you know the feeling.

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers
I always look for new ways to wear my clothes because i don’t know if you know this, but i don’t have a stash or tree of money hidden somewhere for all my shopping dreams. Also styling pieces in different ways is a challenge i love.
bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers

So
how have you been? yes i know, i left you hanging, apologies. I’ve come
to realize we all need a break, pausing doesn’t mean quitting.
Sometimes it’s better to take a step a back (or 100 steps, whatever you
need) re-evaluate and start making moves.
If you are getting choked up, under a lot of pressure it might just be time to take a breather.

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers
Back to today’s look, remember this dress? yes it’s the same button down dress from this post, i just undid the buttons and tied the ropes around to give it a new look and wore it over the black dress from this post. I shot this same day i shot this look and to save time decided to skip the shoe lace and was quite pleased with it.
Challenge yourself today to look for new ways to style your clothes
You don’t need to do anything drastic, it can be as little as wearing your shirt under it like this post ; using a belt like this look or this look ; tucking it away to give an illusion in this and this or going as far as making some cuts as you see here.

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers

It doesn’t take so much to switch up a look, a little tweak here and there may be all you need.

What do you think of the look?
Any thoughts?
Any tips on how you get the most out of your wardrobe?

bob box braids, styling a dress, wearing sneakers

Style formula : dress as a jacket + dress + sneakers + cap
Lots of love
Sogie

1. Cassie Daves

September 21, 2016 at 5:19 am

That's a cute dress, I like it! Yes to re-rocking a piece of clothing in different ways. I see your hair didn't stay for too long at all . Lolol

Cassie Daves Blog
    Oh, You're A Blogger? An Open Letter To Everyone Asking What I Do.

September 21, 2016 at 5:59 am

Thanks dear. At all, just left it in for a month couldn't handle it again. My mum literally begged me to take it off. You need to share tips on how you handle it, cos you are doing a great job at it.

2. tega enai

September 21, 2016 at 7:59 am

Love the prints..really cute dress. I love the fact that you can style a piece of clothing a million different ways. Great way to save your money. lol

xoxo..

September 21, 2016 at 3:09 pm

Thanks love, Totally who doesn't like extra cash lol

3. En_kay

September 21, 2016 at 8:19 am

I am probably on the list of bloggers that don't enjoy repeating outfits..my reason being that I make clothes and people usually buy my clothes off me and being a student..money is necessary.However,I enjoy re styling my outfits as long as I don't get bored with it.
    I love how wore your dress as a jacket…and I love the playful look of the photos.

Stylebyenkay.blogspot.com

September 21, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Yes to restyling, girl I feel ya I should probably go and learn to sew.
      Thanks love

4. Praise Abu

September 21, 2016 at 1:52 pm

Love the prints on that dress and I love how you keep challenging yourself to style your clothes differently. I'm also a huge fan of re-rocking my outfits and styling them differently each time.
    My Style Look Book Series

September 21, 2016 at 3:17 pm

Thanks hun. Restyling looks is where all the fun lies.

5. Toluwalade Toyin-Kehinde

September 21, 2016 at 2:51 pm

All your badman faces!!! Yes to that flying pose.. There is no money tree anywhere oh so cheers to re-rocking!!

September 27, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Like!!!I've searched for the tree. Thanks boo

6. Oyindamola Abbatty

September 23, 2016 at 4:38 pm

Dress as a jacket, I've never tried this before, it adds a boyish charm to the floral dress, hope to try it soon. I agree with Toluwalade, re-rocking is the way forward now.

Yorubachic.com||http://yorubachic.com/how-to-stand-out-fresh-graduate/

September 27, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Would love to see it when you do it, thanks love

September 27, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Thanks hun

7. Adenowo Oluwaseyi

September 27, 2016 at 5:33 pm

I think I've upcycled and recycled clothes way too much in my life time and I don't see any signs of stopping. I love the way you wore yours.

October 3, 2016 at 8:50 am

As long as it works, no reason to stop. Thanks love