lifestyle

15 quotes to inspire your Inner badass

The new year is usually for reflections, we look back on the past year, how far we’ve come and the ways we need to improve. We set goals resolutions whichever you prefer to call it but we always have a plan.

The major thing that hit me was how terrible and non-existent my reading habit was last year, seriously the only books I did read were my school books. I barely completed any other book I started; it’s more of a half empty than half full situation if you look at it cos I didn’t even get halfway, so I decide that this year I’m gonna get my mojo back

Throwback to a few years ago my head was always in a book, it was a game of how fast can you finish this one and start another; I don’t know if it’s cos the books were usually  ” his blue eyes pierced my soul and my heart skipped a beat, thy touch of his hands on my *coughs coughs..*, the throbbing and …. ” OK, I’ve made my point.
I’ve challenged myself to read a lot of books this year and not just any book I’m talking self-development, motivational, business oriented books; books that inspire you to do better.
I recently completed a book called ” You are badass by Jen Sincero ” that shook me and gave me a different perspective. I came across a lot of quotes and words that really resonated with me and I just had to share some of my favourites with you and hopefully, it inspires you as much as it did for me;
  • You are a badass. You were one when you came screaming onto this planet and you are one now. The Universe wouldn’t have bothered with you otherwise. You can’t screw up so majorly that your badassery disappears. It is who you are. It’s who you always will be. It’s not up for negotiation.

Life quotes, inspirational quotes, you are a badass , badass quotes

• You are the only you there is and ever will be. Do not deny the world its one and only chance to bask in your brilliance.
  • You aren’t a selfish person for taking care of yourself, just a happier one.
  • There’s nothing wrong with blushingly accepting a compliment, but if you find yourself always seeking outside approval that you’re good enough or cool enough or talented enough or worthy enough, you’re screwed. Because if you base your self-worth on what everyone else thinks of you, you hand all your power over to other people and become dependent on a source outside of yourself for validation.
  • Forgiveness is all about taking care of you, not the person you need to forgive. It’s about putting your desire to feel good before your desire to be right.
  • Passion trumps fear
  • Our greatest fears are the greatest waste of time.

Life quotes, inspirational quotes, you are a badass , badass quotes

• The people you surround yourself with are excellent mirrors for who you are and how much, or how little, you love yourself.
  • If it’s something you want to do, don’t wait until you’re less busy or richer or “ready” or twenty pounds lighter. Start right now. You’ll never be this young again
  • Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

Badass quotes, Life quotes, inspirational quotes, you are a badass ,the only failure is quitting

• The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.
  • It’s about no longer acting like a victim (letting your circumstances control your life) and instead acting like a superhero (creating a life that has you waking up in giddy disbelief that you get to be you).
  • Hang out with people who are kicking ass and who will make you feel like a giant loser if you’re not kicking ass, too. I (obviously) can’t stress this enough. Who you surround yourself with greatly affects how you see your world and how high you set the bar for yourself. If you hang out with people who constantly whine about how tired, broke and worried about the economy they are, you’ll feel like a hero just for getting out of bed in the morning. Hang out with people who are living on purpose, who meet their challenges with a step aside, suckers attitude, who are dating super awesome people, making exactly the kind of money they want to be making (or working toward it) or taking the kinds of vacations they, and you, want to be taking, and you’ll not only see what’s possible for you, too, but you’ll have more incentive to follow suit.
  • Give yourself the permission and the means (yes, this includes the money), to be who you are REGARDLESS OF WHAT ANYBODY ELSE THINKS OR BELIEVES IS POSSIBLE.
  • We’re all busy, but it’s the people who make enjoying their lives a priority who, um, enjoy their lives.
Yes, I know the feeling that’s how good I felt when I read the entire book and it’s definitely a good start to my reading year.
What’s that challenge you’ve taken up this year? and definitely, recommend your “must – read books” need to expand my collection.
Ps: At the beginning of every month I would include my favourite read of the previous month in the newsletter so do sign up here if you would like to be in the loop and expand your reading collection.
Lots of Love
Sogie

1. Tega Enai

March 20, 2017 at 8:59 am

Its definitely a good read with great and inspiring quotes. Whenever I need to kick some sense back into me I look for a motivational book and read. They are a necessity for staying motivated in this life because menhhhh the struggle sometimes….

How to Monetise your Blog: 7 ways to turn your blog into your business
    Taking Stock | March

April 24, 2017 at 8:46 am

Major Yess to motivational and self help boooks, thanks for stopping by dear

2. COLLINS BADEWA

March 20, 2017 at 11:37 am

Thank you for these words! I haven’t really been myself lately and I need words like these ones to stay woke.

Thestreethaute.wordpress.com

April 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm

I’m glad I could help dear

April 24, 2017 at 8:48 am

I’m glad you find them helpful dear

3. Ada

March 20, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I love all them quotes, I’m Definitely a badass and am one of a kind. Thanks for this post. We have actually missed you on the blog. Hope to hear from you soon http://www.adagirl.com.ng

April 24, 2017 at 8:50 am

Thanks for stopping by love, i’ve missed y’all too

4. Annie Dora

March 20, 2017 at 9:37 pm

These are amazing quotes hun I’m saving this for Offline reading for whenever i need a pick me up. Im also trying to read more books too. Goodluck to you on that

Lemonadesociety.blogspot.com

April 24, 2017 at 8:53 am

Yayyy!! Really loved the book and you should definitely update your library

5. WanShyGirl

March 21, 2017 at 3:15 am

Sogie Sogie snuggles I missed you even tho I see all your shenanigans on twirra I’m glad you’re back baby girl. I actually have the same problem of not completing a book anymore, I mean back then in high school it was one book to another even my teachers were complaining; though it was more of Mystery books and less romance . Really need to get my reading habit back on even if it’s these e-books I’m stuck with. Thanks for dropping these quotes too my favorite has to be the one that ends with “… you’ll never be this young again”. Please hit us with a Style Post soonest

April 24, 2017 at 8:56 am

Girl i was a romance freak, forever reading bout someone’s love lol. Funny enough last year ebooks were not my thing at all but now i’m all bout ebooks

6. zaynab

March 21, 2017 at 7:52 am

love love the quotes…guess who just got motivated?? me!!

April 24, 2017 at 8:57 am

YAY!!!!!!

7. Melody Rosa

March 22, 2017 at 7:11 pm

So many great quotes and motivation booster

April 24, 2017 at 8:59 am

I’m glad you found it helpful

8. Sarah

March 23, 2017 at 9:06 pm

Such inspiring quotes, I like the one on how your company is a mirror of yourself, deep. This post was just a reminder that I have slacked so much on my reading goals, I must get back though. And yeah I remember those days of the silly romance novels, gave up on them ages ago. I do however miss the drive that comes with reading and being in a hurry to finish. Anyways this is me officially welcoming you back, welcome back Sogie.

Princess Audu

9. Larisa

April 1, 2017 at 8:44 am

Love love the quotes

April 24, 2017 at 9:08 am

Thanks love

10. Yvonne

April 5, 2017 at 2:33 pm

I didn’t know how much I needed this post until I started reading it. Thank you! Thank you so much for sharing! ❤

April 24, 2017 at 9:10 am

Really glad you found it helpful dear

12. Fehintola

June 9, 2017 at 2:58 am

I love motivational quotes. For me, they serves as a reminder of how awesome I am and a pick-me up when I really need it. So thanks.
    Book recommendation: ‘Lean In’ by Sheryl Sandberg. She’s the COO of Facebook and the book is about encouraging women to ‘lean in’ in their careers, business and in life. I enjoyed reading it and I guess you will too.
    Great post! Cheers!

June 9, 2017 at 8:10 am

Yes dear I’ve read it and i totally enjoyed.. i feel like recommending it to everyone i meet sef. Motivational quotes always serve as a lil punch in the right direction