Beauty chat with Bella of I am Brownie
I’ve been a big fan of Bella ever since I binge-watched her videos on youtube. I’m always inspired by a #Girlboss doing amazing things.
One thing I love is how she always looks effortless and for the lack of a better word “on fleek”, so who better to talk bout beauty trends, makeup peeves and more than her.
People who apply makeup with their hands. mega cringe! More deets here Click To Tweet
- Tell us about yourself (name, what you do, blog link and any other fun fact you would like to share)
My name is Annabelle, my friends call me Bella and everyone else calls me Brownie! I run a life and style blog called iambrownie.com that caters to the mind of the sensational Brown/Black girl. I feature videos from my youtube channel: Brownie Bits as well as reviews, how to posts and style inspo as well. I use a lot of bad puns and I love baking! I can eat a whole pot of frozen yogurt in 30 minutes (yes, quite determined, lol)
- Struggles you face being a blogger/vlogger in Nigeria in the midst of recession when everything is expensive
It’s challenging not being able to switch out your wardrobe or buy a new item to test out but I guess it acts as a challenge as well. Everything is at least twice as expensive as you want it to be and its hard to push expensive things to the public when you yourself are not impressed by the pricing.
- One word for makeup and beauty trends in 2017?
- Makeup trend (s) that is/are a total no-no for you?
Strobing. I still don’t get it and probably never will, lol. And feathered brows…? wha??I use a lot of bad puns and I love baking! Catch up with @thebrowniebird here Click To Tweet
- Biggest makeup peeve?
People who apply make up with their hands. mega cringe!
- What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I’m going to have to say colour corrector. Sometimes I see the difference, other times I’m like ‘ what was the point?’
- If you had to choose only 3 makeup products, what would they be?
Brow pencil, concealer, and lip gloss lol
- Favourite Nigerian makeup brand (s)?
Tough one but I’ll go with Zaron. Their powder formulas are to die for.
- Tips on choosing the right foundation
- Essential makeup products and tools for someone just starting out?
- Is there a correct order for makeup application? What’s your makeup application order?
- Favourite makeup look?
Anything simple and warm toned so warm browns, reds and oranges definitely
- What’s your go-to lip colour?
A warm brown always gets me excited, if not, a dark red
- Gloss or matte lips?
TOUGH! Gloss right now
- Pencil, gel or liquid eyeliner?
Liquid gives the most precision for me so I choose that one, youtube lol
- One makeup tip/trick you feel everyone should know
Everywhere you use cream or liquid needs to be set with a powder, no matter what. that keeps your face on all dayRead the makeup tip/trick you need to know today #bblogger Click To Tweet
ICYMI You should definitely check out this post for tips on prepping your face for flawless makeup application here
Lots of love