2017 Books Update: Part 1
June is a very good time to update you on my “reading challenge” It’s the half way mark. If you recall in this post here I talked bout me getting my mojo back and reading more books this year.
How have I done? January to May is basically 21 weeks and I’ve read 20 books aka 20 books in 21 weeks, it sounds good right? honestly, I think it’s a little disappointing. Not quite satisfied with it, the first thing I thought was damn that’s too low.
The problem is that I didn’t set a goal. A goal has to be clear, specific and measurable but all I said was “I’m going to read more this year” which doesn’t say much or put up any challenge.
Good thing it’s never too late to set a goal, so the challenge is 100 books this year. Yes I know it’s June but on the bright side, I’ve just 80 more to go.
Here is the list so far;
1. The Smart Money Woman by Arese Ugwu
2. You Are A Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero.
(Check out my favorite quotes from the book in this post here )
3. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
4. Leave Your Mark: Land Your Dream Job. Kill It in Your Career. Rock Social Media by Aliza Licht
5. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
6. The 5 Second Rule: Transform Your Life, Work, and Confidence with Everyday Courage by Mel Ribbons
7. Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon
8. Ignore Everybody by Hugh Macleod
9. Bossypants by Tina Fey
10. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
11. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
12. Rework by Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson
13. Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
14. Unf*ck Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life by Gary John Bishop
15. The Little Black Book of Style by Nina Garcia
16. Seriously…I’m Kidding by Ellen DeGeneres
17. Advancing Your Photography: A Handbook for Creating Photos You’ll Love by Marc Silber
18. Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon
19. The Awkward Thoughts of W. Kamau Bell: Tales of a 6′ 4″, African American, Heterosexual, Cisgender, Left-Leaning, Asthmatic, Black and Proud Blerd, Mama’s Boy, Dad, and Stand-Up Comedian by W. Kamau Bell
20. Lessons from Madame Chic: 20 Stylish Secrets I Learned While Living in Paris by Jennifer L.Scott
Have you read any of the books listed above?
What’s on your reading list right now?
Cheers to the 80 books to go
Lots of Love