Style Chat with Grace Alex of Gafashion
Grace is the definition of #Girlboss, she’s a lecturer, fashion blogger and the brain behind the footwear line Gafasandals.
She has successfully made a name for herself as one of the top fashion bloggers in the country with almost 7 years of experience under her belt. Her mastery of the art of making vintage pieces look so modern and chic definitely leaves us in awe.
- Describe your style in 3 words
- When did your interest in fashion start?
We always try to go back to the earliest dates we can remember, but from a really young age, I can’t place a number that’s mostly because my mum is stylish herself
- How does your lifestyle influence your personal style?
So I walk a lot (Trek) so I’m usually in less fitted dresses looking homeless but it makes me so comfortable.
- Where does/did your love of vintage come from?
- Favorite vintage find you’ve ever purchased?
- Do you have a style formula for your everyday outfit? If yes what is it?
Now I’m thinking if I do, but yes it depends on what I’m running for the day: business, job or blog inventory
- Which comes first for you, comfort or looks?
Comfort: but I’ve had various people taken aback cos my IG style isn’t totally me on a daily basis.
- Which piece in your closet holds the most Sentimental value to you?
As a fashion person we get too attached but for now my white heels
- Who is(are) your style inspiration(s)?
I won’t mention names but it comes mainly from what I see.
- Favourite designer(s)?
- Which season do you prefer when it comes to dressing up; Raining or Dry season and why?
Ehmm Rainy: because the weather changes and so does one’s style
- 5 wardrobe essentials for every closet?
- Trend(s) you currently love right now?
- One accessory every woman should have in her closet?
- Most impractical fashion item you own?
For now I don’t have any, but to most people my style is
- One piece you would never wear and can’t stand on people?
Tight fitted ripped jeans
- Favourite tv character style and why?
I’m so bad with names and haven’t seen movies lately but I loved the style in hidden figures
- I’m sure you have a collection of your gafasandals, do you have a favourite pair and why?
They are all special to me but my tassels are my favorite pair… because of how genuine the colors play out considering they’re odd colors
- Best fashion advice you’ve ever gotten?
My mum says always “dress befitting for an event”
- One style tip/hack you live by?
Eyebrows should be done | or have your nails properly made.
Catch up on last month’s beauty chat here ICYMI and yes stay tuned for this month’s chat, you don’t want to miss it.
Lot’s of Love